Tuesday, February 10, 2015

AK 67

This is more than Obama for me. This is the story of a people of a city asserting their existence and their will.

I doubt that the BJP's core voter base has eroded. Jingo-istic Modi-fans and Kejriwal bashers are in particularly strong concentrations amongst my near and dear ones, amongst people I meet at classes, parties and family get-togethers, people I love and respect. I lost the energy to argue.

In my despair, I didn't notice the quietly hopeful ones. Those who believed in previous elections, that the Congress was the way to keep Modi out, those who bought the 'development agenda' and wondered where it had gone, and those who saw, first-hand, the change that honest government brings to their life. You have kept the flame alive.

I have learnt a lesson for life - don't sit out. Speak up. Participate.
No matter what or who holds you back.

No comments: